- WiFi: connected
- Me: then fucking act like it
- spag bol: spaghetti bolognese
- maccas: mcdonalds
- ranga: person with red hair (from orangutan!)
- woop woop: the middle of nowhere (very far away)
- arvo: afternoon (see also: s'arvo, meaning, this afternoon)
- chrissy: christmas
- thongs: "flip-flops" them things that go on your feet
- bikkies: biscuit
- prawn: the much better version of "shrimp"
- brekkie: breakfast
- bludge: to not do anything/skip school (see also: bludger, a person who routinely skives off)
- chokkers: really full
- bogan: the Australian version of rednecks but with less guns
- drongo: dumbarse, idiot
- mozzie: a mosquito
- chook: a chicken
- dropkick: useless loser
When I say I want to read the book before seeing the movie, I don’t want brownie points or bragging rights. I want to be able to read the book with my imagined world and idea of the characters without the movie’s influence at least once. After you see the movie there’s always some part of it that sticks in your head for a long time and you lose the enjoyment of making it up yourself.
This is so true.